Thursday, October 2, 2014

9/27/14 ~ I Got Transferred Again! Now I am in.......



1). Plans for the day:
I MOVED!
2). How was your trip to the night market last week?
We didn't go... sis. Berrey too tired
3). Still getting fed this week?
Yup, we got fed. Yumm!
4). Are you still stuffy?
Doing okay
5). Do you know if you are staying put or transferring?
I moved
6)  Any progress with investigators or LAs?
A bit!
7). And you a pro at riding your bike uphills now?  Are you still getting tired?
Pro and tired at the same time!
8). Is it cooling down there?  We've had quite a bit of rain this week.
Still hot!
********************
Dearest Mum, Regan, and other people I love,
How is everyone?  Anything exciting happen? How's the weather?  How has another move call come and gone!
So, to get straight to the point, since I'm a bit exhausted today, I've moved! Again!  The funny thing is, this last week, I kept having the feeling that I should start putting stuff away and prepare my luggage, but I was like: I'm not moving! I've only been here for one move call!  I knew Sister Berrey was going to move, since she was there for a while.  But I didn't really think they would have both of us move!  So, they closed our area due to the lack of missionaries.  I am soo sad to have had to leave.  Dong Hai was great! I was finally getting used to biking up the Dong Hai Hill!  I was making friends with the awesome members!  There were so many places I wanted to do, and so many people that I wanted to meet! But again I learn how fast and how precious time is.  Here on the mission, you never know how much time you have left in an area...  I'm hoping I don't have to move next move call.  Seeing as I'm already on my 11/12 move call in Taiwan, I most likely won't move... ba... I never know!  No one ever knows! But the Lord does.

I'm sure he has sent me to my new area for a reason.  Oh! Which reminds me, I've moved to Taizhong's Nantun.  I've actually been to church here when I moved from Ping Dong and stayed with the Zhong Ming sisters (same district) for three days.  The chapel here is so pretty! And I'm sure I'll come to love it here! One exciting thing is that we cover both the Nantun ward and the Taizhong YSA branch.  So there are a plenty of people I get to meet!

The most important person I have to meet is my new companion! Sister Thao!  Sorry, I would post pictures today, but my camera converter is somewhere packed away.... Anyways, she is Sister Park's (my Korean Companion in Tainan) baby/trainee!  She is super cute and I'm so excited to be with her.  She is from Wisconsin (State in the US.... I can't spell...) and she has Thai/Vietnamese heritage.  She is so cute! I know I already said that! But she is!  She's been on island for two move calls, going on her third.  So we are bound to have fun together!

Anyways, I guess I should tell you more about this past week. But I just realized I left my old planner and my journal back at the apartment... and frankly, I forgot most of what we did in what order.  We met with a lot of people! I mean, we had the most lessons this week than we have had for the past few weeks.  I'm going to miss all of them.  There is the cute Zeng JM (I) a mom who I totally believe is going to get baptized one day or another.  And Qiu Jm (I) another mom who was totally progressing- she was coming to church! Xiao Lin JM (I) who is so funny and so out going.  The Elders are going to have fun with her.  And our LA's Tian JM, Chen JM, Lin JM, and Jiang family!  I am going to miss them sooo much!  And then the RC's Zheng Family, and Ting Zhu!  I'm sad to leave! So sad!

I'm grateful on Saturday we were able to go to Zheng family's (RC) new house with a whole bunch of members and eat dinner and talk.  It gave us a great time to be together and feel like a ward family.  I was especially grateful that we had that activity after they told us that we would be moving.

Church was sad.  We were crying, members were crying.  There was cute little Emma (6yrs old) from the other ward, but she is in our English class, who learned that we were moving, and she just game to me, buried her head in my dress and was crying alligator tears.  I am going to miss serving in Dong Hai so much! I hope that I'll have the opportunity to go back.  I feel like I was there too short!  And I also hope that sister missionaries get moved back into Dong Hai within the next few move calls.  Because I feel like that area was really progressing!

So I guess that the lesson that I've been learning here on my mission is to make every minute worth it.  It's to take every opportunity that comes your way and to not wait tomorrows.  Why wait for tomorrow to be better and do better, when you can improve today?  Even small progression is still small steps in the right direction!  And if we work to be better and we strive to align ourselves to be closer to God, we will have no regrets.

Life is too short to have regrets.  We should always live by making choices with an eternal perspective in mind.  What would make us happier in the long run?  Am I using my time wisely?  Am I becoming the person that I want to be?

I think I am more reflective today, seeing is that I felt that my time in Dong Hai was too short and because I'm now on my "Less than two move calls" mark....  I want to make every minute worth it! Because after all, there is only so much time that you can spend with your time 24/7 devoted to spreading the Gospel.  I am so grateful to have this opportunity!  I am grateful for the changes that the Lord has made in me.  I know that this is His work.  I know that He loves me as well as everyone that I meet.  How grateful I am for the many blessings he has given. And I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve him.

I hope you all are doing well!  Until Next Time!

Sister Nicholle Peng

No comments:

Post a Comment